8-Hour Site Safety Manager Refresher
Download complete rule
Purpose: This course is a renewal requirement for the holder of a NYC Department of Buildings Site Safety Manager or Site Safety Coordinator Certificate.
NYC Requirement: To renew a Site Safety Manager Certificate, the applicant must complete 8 hours of refresher training as mandated by Title 1 of the Rules of the City of New York §104- 06 Continuing Education Requirements. To renew a Site Safety Coordinator Certificate, the applicant must complete 8 hours of refresher training as mandated by Title 1 of the Rules of the City of New York §104-06 Continuing Education Requirements.
Course objectives and Learning Outcomes: Upon completion of this course, the students will be able to:
- Evaluate the difference between the OSHA standards and Chapter 33 of the New York City (NYC) Building Code (BC)
- Complete and review NYC Site Safety Manager Certification Requirements that require a Site Safety Manager Steps to get or renew a Certificate
- Identify Jobsite Safety Violations
- Identify the differences between the 2008 and 2014 NYC BC and to which projects they are applicable
- Navigate the N Y C Department of Buildings website to stay current with Building Codes, New York City Rules, Bulletins and applications
- Identify types of Site Safety Management
- Apply safe work practices at their construction sites based on prudent decision- making
- Outline the reasons for NYC’s safety rules on concrete projects
Attendance Policy: Students are required to complete 100% of the course and actively participate in all learning activities. Only 1-2 hours of make-up time is permitted for this training course. Should this occur, it is the student’s responsibility to contact THE TRAINING INSTITUTE OF SITE SAFETY, LLC to schedule a make-up session or arrange to attend another scheduled event. Student will not be eligible to receive certificate of completion without making up missed time.