NYC DOB 40 - HOUR SSM
NYC DOB 40 - HOUR SITE SAFETY MANAGER COURSE
Course Description: This course is one of the pre-requisites an applicant must successfully complete before being eligible to apply for Site Safety Manager Certificate Examination. In addition, this course fulfills the training course requirements for Site Safety Coordinator and Construction Superintendent Certification in New York City.
- To obtain a Site Safety Manager Certificate, the applicant must complete & submit to the Licensing Unit a certificate of completion for 40 hours of training as mandated by the NYC 2014 Construction Codes - Title 28 General Administrative Provisions, Chapter 4 Licensing & Registration of Businesses, Trades & Occupations, Article 402 Site Safety Manager Certificate §28-402.2–Qualifications.
- To obtain a Site Safety Coordinator Certificate, the applicant must complete and submit to the Licensing Unit a certificate of completion for 40 hours of training as mandated by the NYC 2014 Construction Codes - Title 28 General Administrative Provisions, Chapter 4 Licensing & Registration of Businesses, Trades & Occupations, Article 403 Site Safety Coordinator Certificate §28-403.2 Qualifications.
- To register as a Construction Superintendent, the applicant must complete & submit to DOB Licensing a certificate of completion for 40 hours of training as mandated by Title 1 of the Rules of the City of New York §48-03.
Prerequisites: There are no prerequisites needed to attend this course. Students must be able to verbally communicate with instructor in primary language of the training. We encourage attending students to have a basic overall knowledge of the Building Codes relating to publicsafety.
- Learn how to navigate the New York City Department of Buildings website to select appropriate BuildingCodes, New York City Rules, Bulletins andapplications.
- Identify the rules and regulations that were promulgated after serious construction accidents in New YorkCity.
- Choose safe work practices at their construction sites based on prudentdecision-making.
- Differentiate between the OSHA standards and Chapter 33 of Building Code of New YorkCity.
- Prepare for the Site Safety Manager’s test (ifnecessary).
Course Length: 40 hours not including breaks and lunchhour.
Course Materials: This course consists of several different components which include power point presentations, lectures, real life case studies, class discussions and hands on demonstrations. We will provide a student manual which will include Chapter 33 of the BuildingCode.
Course and Attendance Policy: Students must earn a 70% or more in their final exam and actively participate in all learning activities in order to successfully complete the course.
THE TRAINING INSTITUTE OF SITE SAFETY, LLC staff will be available to students and respond to any of their needs prior to, during, or after each training event. You may contact the training department at at 212-683-7200 during normal business hours at 646.369.2311 (mobile) after hours and on weekends. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org
Façade projects requiring site safety plans - buildings 15 stories and higher – may now use a site safety manager, rigger, designated rigging foreman or Qualified Safety Professional (QSP) o oversee site safety.
Beginning July 1, 2016: The licensed rigger; designated rigging foreman; QSP for site safety must have:
- 40-hour site safety manager training (and 7-hour refresher every 3 years thereafter); and
- 32-hour supported scaffold installer training (and 8-hour refresher ever 4 years thereafter); and
- 32-hour suspended scaffold supervisor training (and complete the 8-hour refresher every 4 years thereafter); and
- OSHA 30 or greater construction training. Minimum 10 hour OSHA every 5 years.
- Ask about our complimentary Expediting License Renewal Services and DOB
- Sign up for all the DOB Required courses and receive 15% off or one FREE class